I am very excited to share this luxurious granola with all of you, as it has already become a favourite amongst friends and family and anyone who has tried it, has asked for the recipe. So here it is! Perfectly nutty, oaty, crunchy and chewy and just as sweet as it should be, enjoy it with your favourite plant based milk or yogurt and some fresh fruit, on its own as a trail mix snack, or even as a topping over a smoothie or nice cream. Packed full of goodness and nutritious deliciousness. It also fills the house with a divine scent while its baking, an added bonus:)
4 cups jumbo rolled oats (or a mix of rolled grains) (480g)
1/2 a cup raw unsalted macadamia nuts (100g)
1/2 a cup raw pecan nuts (70g)
1/2 a cup slivered almonds (50g)
1/2 a cup unsweetened shredded coconut (40g)
1/4 of a cup raw golden linseeds (40g)
3tbsp soft brown sugar (50g)
1tsp of salt
1/2 a cup maple syrup (125ml)
1/3 of a cup sunflower oil (80ml)
1 cup finely chopped dried pineapple (200g)
- Preheat the oven at 160C.
- First measure out all your ingredients and finely chop the macadamia nuts and the pecan nuts. I pulse them in a food processor, gently, so that they turn into gravel consistency, bu t you can chop them by hand if you prefer.
- Finely chop the dried pineapple.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients apart from the pineapple.
- In a small jug, whisk together the maple syrup and the oil until it thickens.
- Pour the maple syrup/oil mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- Scatter on a baking tray and place in the oven slightly above the centre.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring well halfway.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the chopped dried pineapple.
- Allow to cool completely before placing in a glass jar or other container.
This granola will keep for at least a couple of weeks in a sealed container, but it is very unlikely to survive that long!